Friday, May 22, 2009

Go

This prayer was given to me at CRHP. I wanted to share it here. It is pretty much the ongoing conversation I have been having with God the past 10 years. Thank you for the prayer Rose.

"Go"
And the Lord said, "GO"
And I said, "Who, me?"
And he said, "Yes, you."
And I said, "But I'm not ready yet, and I am busy with family and I have a job to go to, and I've already promised friends I'd..."
And he said, "You're stalling"
And the Lord said, "Go"
And I said, "But I don't want to"
And he said, "I didn't ask you if you wanted to."
And I said, "Listen, I'm not the kind of person to get involved. Besides, my family won't like it, and what will my friends think?"
And he said, "baloney"
And yet a third time the Lord said, "Go"
And I said, "Do I have to?"
And he said, "Do you love me?"
And I said, "Look, I'm scared. People are going to hate me, and cut me up in little pieces. I can't take it all by myself."
And he said, "Where do you think I will be?"
And the Lord said, "Go"
And I said, "Here I am Lord, Send me"

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones