Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Little Things

I got to thinking today about how life was before I had children. Its been almost 9 years so it is hard to remember. But there are little things I do remember that are no longer part of my life. And I miss them. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the experience of being a Mommy, but I can't help but miss these little things that are gone:
  • Going to the bathroom by myself. It could be at home or out somewhere. I can't remember the last time I didn't have an audience.
  • Reading an entire chapter of a book or the newspaper without interruption.
  • Drinking an entire bottle of water without baby backwash in it.
  • having a clean house
  • sleep
  • the confidence of knowing what is supposed to be in my purse is actually in my purse
  • silence
  • watching an entire 30 minute show on T.V
  • sitting down with out being mauled or summoned

I could probably think of more, but I am too tired. Its been one of those days....

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones