Friday, November 14, 2008

The Season of Cancer

Cancer seems to be every where. Yesterday, a mother of two, wife and model christian was welcomed into God's kingdom. She lost her battle with cancer. I found out today that my estranged Aunt recently died of cancer and we missed the funeral. My friend's husband has cancer. My husband's aunt is in remission (praise God). One of my former students, 12 years young, died at the beginning of this year from cancer. I am not sure why this happening around me. Why is all this cancer at my door step? I am almost afraid of any answer that God will provide. I don't even want to ask the question in prayer. I do know that all of this is in his plan and we are not in control. We must trust in him. He knows the story of every life from birth to death. This devotional was shared with our staff at MDO today. I thought it was very fitting given all the recent events in my life. I am reminded not to fear the future but be thankful for what God has given me and what he has in store for me.

Welcome Home
by Max Lucado

Homesickness is one of the burdens God doesn’t mind if we carry. God has “set eternity in the hearts of men” (Eccles. 3:11 NIV). Down deep you know you are not home yet.
This is not our forever house. It will serve for the time being. But there is nothing like the moment we enter his door.
Those you love will shout. Those you know will applaud. But all the noise will cease when the Father cups your chin and says, “Welcome home.” And with scarred hand he’ll wipe every tear from your eye. And you will dwell in the house of your Lord—forever.

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones