Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting Max Fixed


There are many things I would like to fix about Max. The high pitched constant barking. The chewing up of everything. The fact that he will not come and finds it entertaining for me to chase him around the house. But, unfortunately, none of those things have a quick and easy solution. But there is one behavior that we can have him fixed for- humping. Yes, mother nature is calling Max to reproduce with anything he can get his paws around. I have had to remove his bed from the house because he was becoming way to intimate with it. My leg has been his next choice. Because of his need to answer nature's call, we are having him "fixed" this thanksgiving. My sister-in-law says not to hold my breath that this will end his humping days. I am hoping that it will at least slow down his little humping drive.


This announcement to my family regarding Max's upcoming special surgery has brought several reactions from various members. My husband, who is not particularly fond of Max has actually felt a little sorry for him. I am not sure what it is about Men and their opinions about neutering that causes them to react with fear. I am guessing that their ultimate fear is that their wives will want them to have special surgery one day. At any rate, I have been touched that Gerry actually feels sorry for him a little.


Little Gerry didn't really react at first. He didn't know what we were talking about. But then, in the car the other day, he asked his Dad what it meant to have Max fixed. This totally caught my husband off guard. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. So, my surprised husband went ahead and told him straight up that they were removing that special part of his body so he can't make more puppies. When little Gerry got home, he was so excited to tell me what Max was going to be missing. Now, I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Soon he is going to put together that the girl dog is the one who has the puppies. How does the boy dog's special parts "come into play" so to speak? If any of you have any suggestions on how to handle this one, please share. We haven't even told him about Santa yet!

No comments:

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones